Thursday, October 28, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Hey everyone!

So this November I will be participating in an online writing contest. November is National Novel Writing Month. Everyone who writes a 50,000 word novel in 30 days gets a free printed copy of their book with a cover and everything from CreateSpace.com! I'm really excited to get started. My plot is solid and my characters are looking strong. I can't wait to see them come to life. This should be a good thing. Almost 100,000 writers from all over the world are signed up to participate. Everyone has a little green bar on their online profile that keeps track of their word count. Only about a third of the writers that start actually finish at the end of the month with 50,000 words.
















 Like the picture above the point is to reach 50,000 words. We don't worry about the grammar or the punctuation. That's for later. NaNoWriMo wants students to focus on following through with their goals when they have a deadline over their heads. It's a good way to teach young teens like myself to follow through with stuff. My parents used to tell me to "stick to what I started before I start something new". I've started writing three other books before, but I've always become uninspired and quit writing that story. In NanoWrimo, people write in November, then we can (if we want) edit and read in December. Then we turn in our winner's code for a free version of our book! My book is called Faith is the Key. Here is the synopsis and cover. (the photography and editing on the book cover is all mine! =D)
















 Like I said, I can't wait to get started. Here is a link to my profile. If you want you can keep tabs on my word count which will appear at the beginning of the month. If you have a NaNoWriMo account, click that buddy button and we can share our writing experiences together!


~emily~

No comments:

Post a Comment